Mary Curry Narayan, PhD, RN, HHCNS-BC, CTN-A
Home Health Clinical Nurse Specialist
Transcultural Nurse Specialist
Nursing Education Consultant
Free Download! – “Patient-Centered/Culture-Sensitive Assessment & Care Planning” (Print on both sides for one-page resource)
Dr. Narayan has over 40 years of home health and cross-cultural nursing experience. She has served as a clinician, educator, and consultant. Presently conducting research, her research interests include patient-centered care, culture-sensitive care, nursing excellence, and home-based nursing standards internationally. She has presented about home health and cross-cultural healthcare topics at multiple conferences nationally and internationally. has multiple publications including book chapters, research papers, peer-reviewed articles, and CEU courses on these topics. She was a co-founder and is currently serving on the Advisory Council of the International Home Care Nurses Organization. She can be reached at 571-242-4193 or at email@example.com.
- Narayan, M. C. (2022). What constitutes patient-centered care in home care? A descriptive study of home health nurses’ attitudes, knowledge, and skills. Home Healthcare Now, 40(6), 317-329. [Open access.]
- Narayan, M. C., Mallinson, R. K. (2022). A grounded theory study of home health nurses’ journey towards culture-sensitive/patient-centered skills. Home Health Care Management and Practice. 34(1), 24-34.
- Narayan, M. C., Mallinson, R. K. (2022). Transcultural nurse views on culture-sensitive/patient-centered assessment and care-planning: A descriptive study. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 33(2), 150-160.
- Narayan, M. C. (2022). Caring for diverse patient populations in their homes. American Nurse, 17(7). https://www.myamericannurse.com/diverse-populations-in-homes-health-care/.
- Narayan, M. C. (2019). Cultural competence in home healthcare nursing: Disparity, cost, regulatory, accreditation, ethical and practice issues. Home Health Care Management and Practice, 32(2), 76-80. org/10.1177/1084822319883818.
- Narayan, M. C. (2019). Addressing implicit bias in nursing. American Journal of Nursing, 119(7), 36-43.
- Narayan, M. C., Harris, M. D., Farris, C., Hiong, F. Y. (2017). Development of the International Guidelines for Home Health Nursing. Home Healthcare Now, 35(9), 494–506. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28953540
- Narayan, M. C. (2017). Strategies for implementing the National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services in home healthcare. Home Health Care Management & Practice, 29(3), 168-175. (https://org/11177/1084822317696707)
- Narayan, M. C. (2013) Using SBAR communications in efforts to prevent patient rehospitalizations. Home Healthcare Nurse, 31(9), 504-515. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24081133).
- Narayan, M. C. (2010). Culture’s effects on pain assessment and management. American Journal of Nursing, 110(4), 38-47. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20335689
Mary Curry Narayan
home health care
home health nursing
home health agency
cross-cultural health care
high-quality nursing care